Last Updated/ changed: 07/10/2017
Welcome to Code Clippet!
Information We Collect
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect information from you, as further described below:
Information You Provide: We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you register for access to the Service(s) or use certain Services. Information we collect may include but not be limited to username, email address, and any messages, images, messages meta data, comments, replies or other content you send via the comment system, message system or any other Code Clippet site service/ feature.
Upon user login/ logout information is collected via the service(s) which would include for example but not limited to login date, login time, logout date, logout time, last used IP, last page viewed, last account action, user agent and last viewed Clippet.
One of our main ways of collecting information is via the user ("you") submitting data from HTML forms, any data entered or related to your browser tab with Code Clippet loaded in is an example of data we collect. Any form sent to us could/ may be collected in respect to your privacy and with the rest of this policy.
- Data We Collect Automatically: When you interact with us through the Services, we receive and store certain information such as an IP address, device ID, and your activities within the Services. We may store such information or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by affiliates, agents or service providers. The Services may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of messages users have sent, and the domain names of our visitors' Internet service providers.
- Aggregated Information: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, we may conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the information collected. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Info through other Services: You may give us permission to collect your information in other services. For example, you may connect a social networking service ("SNS") such as Facebook or Twitter to your Code Clippet account. When you do this, it allows us to obtain information from those accounts (for example, your friends or contacts).
- Analytical Data: We may use our own service or third party web site analytic tools such as Google Analytics on our website that employ cookies to collect certain information concerning your use of our Services. However, you can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider's website via your help screen. Please be aware that certain cookies such as the auth cookie is required to use and access the site, without them you will not be able to access your account.
- Advertisements: You may see our Service advertised in other applications or websites. After clicking on one of these advertisements and installing our Service, you will become a user of the Service. Advertising platforms, which include Twitter and Facebook (and whose SDKs are integrated within our Service), may collect information for optimizing advertising campaigns outside of the Service.
Where Information is Processed
Currently we are based within Europe and process data and requests within the EU. However, no matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to EU, U.S. and other countries. Such data/ information processing may be changed and or located else where in the future and we reserve the right to change data/ information processing locations. However, we will keep you as a user updated from this policy.
Our Use of Your Information
Our Disclosure of Your Information
The Company is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Consent: We may transfer your information with your consent.
- Developers: Software Engineers will have access to their end users information/ data, including but not limited to message content, message meta info, clippet data, comments, replies and user information related to their profile or account. Developers must use this data and information only to provide functionality, features and service to their applications/ platforms in which the users (“you”) will be using.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: Like many businesses, we sometimes hire other companies or individuals to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or Related Companies, (iii) protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated or Non-identifiable Data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes.
However, please consider we do our best to only comply when completely necessary, within our service we try our best to minimise the information that could be harmful to users if disclosed. Such actions like hashing or encrypting could be in place to protect your privacy. We will do our best to alert you of any information requested or disclosed in relation to your account(s).
Our Services are for users age 13 and over and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Web Sites
We take reasonable steps to protect the information provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information via the Internet.
Access to Information
To keep your information accurate, current, and complete, please update your profile and other information via “Settings.” If you need to modify any of your information that is not modifiable via “Settings,” please contact us as specified below. We may in our discretion update or correct information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services.